– Congrats to Faiz for receiving a Canderel Graduate Studentship Award!!!
– We provide a counterpoint article in the futile creatine cycle in Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab
– Lawrence provides a personal story about his life in science at Nature Metabolism
– Our review paper on creatine metabolism: energy homeostasis, immunity and cancer biology is now online at Nature Reviews Endocrinology
– Our paper on creatine transport in adipose tissue was highlighted as an editorial favorite at Nature Metabolism
– Faiz’s review paper on Regulation of adipocyte thermogenesis: mechanisms controlling obesity has just been accepted at FEBS Journal. Congrats Faiz!!!
– Anna’s review paper on Ucp1-independent thermogenesis has just been accepted at Biochemical Journal. Congrats Anna!!!
– We’re headed to Banff for the Keystone Symposium on Obesity and NAFLD:Mechanisms and Therapeutics! Lawrence is giving a talk, and Faiz and Anna are representing with posters!
– Anna and Faiz cleaning up with Canderel Travel Awards for the Keystone conference on Obesity and NAFLD! Congrats!!!
– Congratulations to Faiz Hussain, PhD Candidate for winning best poster at the 14th annual MDRC Research Symposium! Well-deserved!
– Kazak lab is awarded a pilot grant from the Montreal Diabetes Research Centre! Lets do some cool experiments.
– Congrats to Janane Rahbani for receiving a Charlotte and Leo Karassik Postdoctoral Fellowship!!!
– Congrats to Christien Dykstra for receiving a Canderel Graduate Studentship Award!!!
– Christien Dykstra joins the lab as an MSc student. Welcome Christien!
– Presenting our work at the Department of Physiology, McGill University (Montreal)
– Presenting our work at the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Seminar Series, UBC (Vancouver)
– Presenting our work at the Muscle Health Research Center Seminar Series, York University (Toronto)
– Presenting our work at the Nutritional Seminar Series, Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
– Kazak lab’s first paper is accepted for publication in Nature Metabolism! This work describes a new mouse model of adipocyte creatine depletion that becomes obese due to reduced diet-induced thermogenesis.
– Presenting our work at the Keystone Symposia: Obesity and Adipose Tissue Biology (Banff, AB)
– Kazak lab is invited to Barbados for the Annual International Bellairs meeting on “The Cell and Systems Biology of Disease: Concepts and Challenges”
– Presenting our work at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Endocrine Rounds (Montreal, QC)
– Kazak lab is awarded generous funding from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation! Lets get some cool equipment!
– Lawrence Kazak is awarded a Canada Research Chair, Tier 2 in Adipocyte Biology
– Our first review is published in Cell Metabolism
– Presenting our work at Spotlight Seminar Series at the GCRC (Montreal, QC)
– Kazak lab welcomes Faiz Hussain and Anna Roesler who join the lab as MS.c. students!
– Kazak lab welcomes Bozena Samborska as our new Research Assistant!
– Presenting our work at Institute de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal (IRCM) (Montreal, QC)
– Presenting our work The Metabolomics Innovation Center (Canmore, AB)
– Awarded our first CIHR Project Grant! Now all we have to do is do it again….and again…..and again…..and again!
– Presenting our work at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Rockefeller University (NYC, NY)
– Presenting our work at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) meeting (San Diego, CA)
– Janane Rahbani joins the lab as a postdoc. Welcome Janane!
– Natalie Constantin, 4th year McGill Biochemistry undergrad gets a SURA scholarship to work in the lab this summer in 2018. Congrats Natalie!
– Kazak lab opens!
– Presenting our work at the Keystone Symposia: Bioenergetics and Metabolic Disease (Keystone, CO)