– Kazak lab is awarded Blue-Sky Seed Funding from the Structural Biology Research Centre towards studying the futile creatine cycle from purified proteins. Great preliminary data from our star PhD student, Faiz Hussain.
– Damien Lagarde joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Welcome Damien!
– The first research manuscript of the Kazak lab has officially been accepted for publication at nature! This work was led by Janane Rahbani and an amazing team effort from other lab members: Anna Roesler, Faiz Hussain, Bozena Samborska, and Christien Dykstra. Great job and congrats to everyone!
– Congrats to Anna Roesler on completing her MSc thesis! Her work made key contributions to our lab’s first research manuscript!
– Presenting our work on the futile creatine cycle (virtually) at Laval University (Quebec City).
– Congrats to Faiz for receiving a Canderel Graduate Studentship Award!!!
– We provide a counterpoint article in the futile creatine cycle in Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab
– Lawrence provides a personal story about his life in science at Nature Metabolism
– Our review paper on creatine metabolism: energy homeostasis, immunity and cancer biology is now online at Nature Reviews Endocrinology
– Our paper on creatine transport in adipose tissue was highlighted as an editorial favorite at Nature Metabolism
– Faiz’s review paper on Regulation of adipocyte thermogenesis: mechanisms controlling obesity has just been accepted at FEBS Journal. Congrats Faiz!!!
– Anna’s review paper on Ucp1-independent thermogenesis has just been accepted at Biochemical Journal. Congrats Anna!!!
– We’re headed to Banff for the Keystone Symposium on Obesity and NAFLD:Mechanisms and Therapeutics! Lawrence is giving a talk, and Faiz and Anna are representing with posters!
– Anna and Faiz cleaning up with Canderel Travel Awards for the Keystone conference on Obesity and NAFLD! Congrats!!!
– Congratulations to Faiz Hussain, PhD Candidate for winning best poster at the 14th annual MDRC Research Symposium! Well-deserved!
– Kazak lab is awarded a pilot grant from the Montreal Diabetes Research Centre! Lets do some cool experiments.
– Congrats to Janane Rahbani for receiving a Charlotte and Leo Karassik Postdoctoral Fellowship!!!
– Congrats to Christien Dykstra for receiving a Canderel Graduate Studentship Award!!!
– Christien Dykstra joins the lab as an MSc student. Welcome Christien!
– Presenting our work at the Department of Physiology, McGill University (Montreal)
– Presenting our work at the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Seminar Series, UBC (Vancouver)
– Presenting our work at the Muscle Health Research Center Seminar Series, York University (Toronto)
– Presenting our work at the Nutritional Seminar Series, Cornell University (Ithaca, NY)
– Kazak lab’s first paper is accepted for publication in Nature Metabolism! This work describes a new mouse model of adipocyte creatine depletion that becomes obese due to reduced diet-induced thermogenesis.
– Presenting our work at the Keystone Symposia: Obesity and Adipose Tissue Biology (Banff, AB)
– Kazak lab is invited to Barbados for the Annual International Bellairs meeting on “The Cell and Systems Biology of Disease: Concepts and Challenges”
– Presenting our work at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) Endocrine Rounds (Montreal, QC)
– Kazak lab is awarded generous funding from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation! Lets get some cool equipment!
– Lawrence Kazak is awarded a Canada Research Chair, Tier 2 in Adipocyte Biology
– Our first review is published in Cell Metabolism
– Presenting our work at Spotlight Seminar Series at the GCRC (Montreal, QC)
– Kazak lab welcomes Faiz Hussain and Anna Roesler who join the lab as MS.c. students!
– Kazak lab welcomes Bozena Samborska as our new Research Assistant!
– Presenting our work at Institute de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal (IRCM) (Montreal, QC)
– Presenting our work The Metabolomics Innovation Center (Canmore, AB)
– Awarded our first CIHR Project Grant! Now all we have to do is do it again….and again…..and again…..and again!
– Presenting our work at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and Rockefeller University (NYC, NY)
– Presenting our work at the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) meeting (San Diego, CA)
– Janane Rahbani joins the lab as a postdoc. Welcome Janane!
– Natalie Constantin, 4th year McGill Biochemistry undergrad gets a SURA scholarship to work in the lab this summer in 2018. Congrats Natalie!
– Kazak lab opens!
– Presenting our work at the Keystone Symposia: Bioenergetics and Metabolic Disease (Keystone, CO)